Tuesday, February 1, 2011

THE PULPIT: PULLING MEN FROM THE PIT


1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

As a preacher, my greatest fear is dying and having won too few souls to the Lord. As Christians, I believe our unwillingness to reach for the loss will be taken much more serious by God than what we think.

Think about it like this: Let's say you and I have been friends for 40 years. During that space of time your grandmother, grandfather, mother, and dad all died of cancer. Let's say I was there at the hospital and funeral homes each time, grieving over your loss. But then you found out that I had known the cure to cancer all along, but did not share it with you or anyone else. What if you found out that I knew the cure to cancer while I stood over the death bed of your mother and cried with you? How would that make you feel about me? Well, we have the answer to this wicked world's disease! His name is Jesus. It is a sad day when Christians carry around the only known cure for sin, yet are too proud or lazy to tell the world about it! Judgment will not befriend a man who either doesn't count Christ a valuable enough asset, or doesn't love the world enough to share Him with them.

WHAT IS THE PULPIT OTHER THAN A PLACE WHERE WE PULL MEN FROM THE PIT?

Jude 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire;

We must get busy winning souls. That was the primary thing on Jesus' mind!

Lu 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Paul, too!

1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

A friend of mine was delivered from a gross false dotrine that teaches that faith in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ is not sufficient to save a sinner from hell. (Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.) He was told by a preacher that is still imprisoned by that doctrine that he knew he was coming out because he had started to preach Jesus and was trying to get people saved! Well, my friend isn't the only one to think the message of Jesus is the most imortant subject known to man:

1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Let it be said of me that I was a man who preached Jesus and tried to get souls saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment